Monday, December 29, 2008

Mount Analogue

This past Saturday, as stated earlier, I took a trip out of Salvation Mountain and Salton Sea. It was a fantastic journey. Leonard Knight is in the red jacket. Here are some of the photos that I took. More are on facebook and flickr:::




In conjunction with this, I re watched The Holy Mountain, by Alejandro Jodorowsky. This cult classic was just re released in 2007 and I had the opportunity to watch it and El Topo at Pittsburgh Filmmakers last Jan or Feb. It just blew me away. I prefer Holy Mountain over El Topo but that is never here or there. Holy Mountain is based on "The Ascent of Mt. Carmel" by St. John of the Cross and Mount Analogue: A Novel of Symbolically Authentic Non-Euclidean Adventures in Mountain Climbing by René Daumal. In reference today's terminology, mount "analogue" versus mount digital lets say, what is real? The mountain in Daumal's story is not completely accessible by humans, specifically the top. Are there parts of the analogue world we are still unable to reach?

No comments: